Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Survive vacation in Las Vegas - Check

The Mrs joined me on a little adventure to Las Vegas, NV this past weekend. My goal through this whole smaller jeans challenge has been to change my life and improve my health in a way that was sustainable. Is it possible to go to Las Vegas, have a good time and maintain my weight?

When I got on the scale this morning, it was the same as when I left!

I'll take that as a win.

We walked plenty but made great strides in avoiding the constant snacking and treats that you find in Las Vegas. Does this mean we didn't enjoy ourselves? Absolutely not. We hit the buffet, twice.  We also ate an amazing dinner at the Venetian's Grand Lux Cafe, I'm pretty sure this wasn't in the diet.

All the while, however, I quit long before, as our waitress at the Lux said, "I hurt myself". Even at the buffets, I made every attempt to not over pile everything. I was full, but we didn't eat again until we were hungry. Go us!

Sleep. That wasn't really talked about. Somethings about Vegas will never change.

No comments: