Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Where did everyone go?

We had a good start, but it seems the follow ups are slow in coming. Even for me!

Here's where I'm at. Last week, my knee got really sore again on Monday. Rested it until Friday. Stayed fairly close to my diet, but like I've said before, I'm not here to give up on life.

We had friends come to visit us this weekend. This is never good for a diet. When we host, our guests and our family, never go hungry. We even made the most amazing chocolate fondue:
  • 6 ounces of dark chocolate
  • 6 ounces of semi-sweet chocolate
  • 4 ounces of milk chocolate
  • 1/2 pint heavy whipping cream
  • 3 tbls hazelnut flavoring
  • 1/3 cup Carmel topping
That can't possibly be good for you, but we did dunk large quantities of fruit in it :-)

Even during this weekend, I really tried to make sure to limit my decadence. Mixing in water, diet soda with the occasional beer. All in all, the results are in...I still have a net loss of weight week over week!

All in all, I'm down 16 pounds from when this adventure began. I'm a long way from my goal, but I'm still making progress. Whew!

My next big challenge? To make it through Thanksgiving Weekend without gaining it all back. I love the turkey, the dressing, the sweet potatoes, the lefsa...yikes.

In case you are scoring at him. My highest weight at the start was 266.8 pounds. As of this morning, I'm now at 250.0...almost knocked off another tens digit...I'm heading to the gym right now.  Happy health!

No comments: