Monday, November 3, 2008

What does he do each day?

I figured something I could share is what I've been doing 3-4 days a week to get myself more healthy.

Like I mentioned in my last post, I've been going to the Dan Abrahams Healthy Living Center (DAHLC) 3 to 4 days per week for a bit over a month.

I decided early on to really focus on cardio and losing weight. There is something to be gained by building muscle, but working with a trainer, he said that I'm still developing muscle while I ride the bike.

This is the view of the bike I shared with you a few posts ago. To me, this is really cool. The only thing that would make it better would be to find a way to get the wind blowing through your hair.


Today, I rode a 2 minute warm-up and a 2 minute cool down but this view is of the status of my main ride. Almost 7 miles! I'm beat!

I followed this up with 15 minutes of walking on the track and then a small amount of upper body weights.

As I get closer to my goals, I'll start mixing this up more, but until then, I'm really excited about my progress. 

The machines report to a central server to record your progress. Late last week it informed me that since starting, I had ridden the equivalent of a marathon! 26.2 miles! W00T! W00T!

No comments: