Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Ouch...staying healthy can hurt

Things are moving right along. I actually feel lighter although the scale has recently leveled off. I've been reading that this is normal. Each change you make will help you lose weight but your body will slowly adjust to the change and it will become the status quo. I've been looking for ways to upset that balance. It's time to mix homebrewed iced tea sweetened with cranberry juice and more fruit into the diet.

Through my employer, I have joined a few programs that really encourage you to get out of the office and move things. All of these programs started just this week. There is a lot of really good information I will try and share over the next week or so.

One little set back in the exercise front. My right knee is KILLING me when I walk stairs now. I'm not really sure why, but it seems the more time I spend on the exercise bike, the worse it gets. In honor of my knee, todays work out will be brought to by the letter 'U' for upper body.

I'm going to try to stick to walking and lifting weights for a couple of days and see where that takes me. I might even try seeing a doctor. This isn't the first time I've had trouble with my knees in fact they have been a problem since high school.

I've invited a couple more relatives to the party, hopefully, they start posting as well.

No comments: