Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Shaking things up

It's really been a struggle lately. It was EXTREMELY cold last week. I'm tired all the time and worst of all, I'm always really hungry.

Snacks have been back.

I slipped off the calorie counting habit a little while back. I just stopped recording everything I ate and how much I exercised. I think this has gotten me eating at the wrong times and at the wrong amounts.

Who knows. All I really know is I'm just hangin out at 250 and the scale ain't changing. Sigh.

Last Wednesday, my good friend and work out buddy Mark introduced me to his weight lifting routine. The treadmill is still the main show in town, but it was nice to do something different. Unfortunately, it was Saturday before I could move my arms again. No worries. When I was a teenager, the start swimming season always left us incredibly sore. I've done it before, I can do it again. I lifted again with him yesterday. I got through most of the workout but decided to pull back. A bit of the winter crud has me feeling like crap. I did at least out bench press him. Only 4? I did 8.

Today it's back to yoga. Rumor has it OhCountess (my wife) is joining us. She likes to use the word maybe so she can back out. Lame if you ask me. Just Do It! Not sure where I heard that. It would probably make a great slogan for some shoe company.

Back to the grind. Chins up! We can do this!

No comments: