Monday, September 15, 2008

Time for an update

Guess what? I haven't quit! I'm still working on this challenge and something is working. I'm down almost 10 since starting this. My wife tells me that the weight starts coming off fast at first. Well, OK, just getting smaller to me is a huge step.

Today, at 11 am, I did something I haven't done in years. I went to the gym here at the campus I work at. Two of my good friends work here at the hospital with me. We are forming a posse that will be pushing each other just to show and work out. I think this will really help me stay on track since guys as a group tend to not want to let down the group. And besides, the teasing would be unbearable from these two if I give up.

We worked out for an hour. I have no illusions that I'm going to be Michael Phelps just yet, but I rode a really cool excersize bike for 15 minutes and then took a rigorous walk on the track for 40 minutes.

While there, I scheduled time with a trainer to get me a routine. Routines are good!.

I'm looking forward to reading about the rest of my families stories. Hopefully they will be joining me soon here. 

See ya in the smaller pants department soon!

No comments: